Saying Goodbye

We headed to the orphanage first thing this morning to see Malachi again. Those precious kids always have flies crawling on their faces. It’s like they don’t even bother to shew them away anymore, so I do it for them.

After a few hours we had to say goodbye. We won’t see him again until we return for our embassy appointment. We originally thought that it would only be 4 to 6 weeks until we came back. But today, they told us that it might be more like 8 to 12 weeks before we can return because of Malachi’s medical special needs. The medical review conducted by the US embassy often takes longer for special needs kids apparently. Let’s just pray for a miracle.

As we drove away from the orphanage, Malachi sat under a tree and waved goodbye. “Chow! Chow!” he yelled. Then he began doing his bear crawl toward the car while smiling and yelling in Amharic, “I’m coming!” That’s more than a little bit heartbreaking. US embassy, please work quickly.

We then began our drive back to Addis so that we could be ready for court tomorrow. We stopped at Soodaree to see hot springs and feed some monkeys. When those monkeys see you have a banana, they swarm you. They’re worse than the seagulls at Clearwater beach.

thumb_IMG_4833_1024 thumb_IMG_4847_1024 thumb_IMG_4849_1024 thumb_IMG_4853_1024 thumb_IMG_4860_1024

We stopped for lunch and then later checked into our hotel in Addis. We’ll leave for court tomorrow morning at 8:30am. When we’re done, we officially become a family of 4, Maddox loses only child status, and you see photos of Malachi (Ethiopian internet permitting). Hooray to all of those things!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s